Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 7 - Officially a Record

Wow - 7 days in a row of using a workout video. Without quitting. That's officially a record!

Okay, it was probably a record at 2 or 3 days, but I figure after a week I can officially call myself motivated. Thanks to Kristen and the other Shredheads for that!

Anyway, today was good again. There's really not a whole lot to say. I can definitely feel myself getting better. I don't know if I'm getting stronger or just more coordinated, but I eeked out 10 "real" pushups the first set and 3 the second set. My shoulders are definitely still weak, but I only had to skip a couple of reps on the shoulder presses and raises, so that's also a plus.

My abs, however, are still lame. Well, the regular crunches and oblique crunches are getting easier, but anything involving lower abs...oof. Ouch. Not so much fun.

So here are some new "Day 7" pics. Let's compare them to the first day, shall we? Day 1 is on the left, Day 7 is on the right.



Okay, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Dang, he worked out so hard his pants got lighter!" No, they're different pants. Okay, and some of you are thinking, "Boy, his nipples are at way different heights!" Yeah, I hope that's cause my arm is up. But other than that, it's pretty depressing. I'm sort of automatically holding my abs in part way, so I guess the picture on the right is a little better. But other than that, *sigh*.

Here are some other pictures which I feel will help me view some progress. The first is an angle picture, and the second one is of just my arm and shoulder. I didn't take a Day 1 picture like this, which is too bad, because I think my shoulders will benefit from this workout a lot. Heck, I think they already have.




Yep, it looks just like The Rock's arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment