Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 15 - Motivation

I'm not complaining, but why have I been doing this for the last 2 weeks? I've been motivated to get back to my goal weight (via Weight Watchers) for the past few months, but exercise was never on my agenda. I suppose I've been wanting to exercise for a while, because I need to deflabify, but I never found the right motivation.

Enter the shredheads.

Yeah, it's pretty silly that a bunch of bloggers I've never met can inspire me. It's not like I'm working out with people who know me, and who will give me crap if I miss a workout. Heck, I won't even let my wife in the room while I'm doing a workout video. Other than this blog (which is hardly read), my comments on the main shredhead blog, and a bit of twittering, nobody knows if I'm doing this. Yet somehow the shredheads are holding me accountable. I'm not sure how, but it's there, and I'll take it.

Anyway, it was a morning shred today - I did Level 1 again, and felt like I got a much better workout than with Level 2. Everything seemed to work better, so I'll drop back down to L1 for a couple days, then bump back up. If I feel up to it I'll do one of Jillian's other videos later - I want to try her trouble zones one before it goes off of On Demand. Yeah, I'm cheap. And apparently masochistic, but I figure I need to take advantage of motivation when it comes. (EDIT, I DID IT.)

Oh, my "real" pushups were 15 first set (no modified) and 4 second set (followed by modified). Yeah, some improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment