Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 22 - Shred plus Abs

I guess it's a good sign that doing shred by itself no longer feels like a full workout. Don't get me wrong...I'm not doing the advanced moves...I'm still on beginner. But if I try to do more advanced either my knees hurt or my form goes to crap. So I've often been doing a second workout of some sort in addition to shred. It's a pain, because I need to carve out more time to work out, but at least I'm getting more in.

Today was a "light" day, and I did Shred Level 3 followed by "Straight to the Core" (a <10 minute ab workout) by Elise Gulan. Holy mother of pearl, she puts the ow in abs.

Anyway, overall I'm definitely feeling stronger and need to firm up what time I'm working out. I did it in the afternoon today and it just felt weird. I need to force myself to go to bed earlier and workout in the mornings while Sharon is downstairs. Then on days where I need a longer workout I can do that one in the afternoons - there's no way I can handle more than 20 minutes in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment