Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Sample Menu

Here's a sample of what I'm eating these days. I didn't bother putting any amounts (except for breakfast, which is pretty standard) because it will vary based on gender, weight, how much you work out, etc. But it's all reasonable portions, and is so healthy that it's hard to overeat on pretty much any of it. Anything labeled as a meat is actually a vegetarian version. I recommend Morningstar farms for most stuff, but for chicken breasts and tenders (unbreaded) I recommend Quorn.

I didn't put this in, but I also have been eating a couple of points worth of Weight Watcher's treats - cakes or ice cream - throughout the day because without sweets, why should I go on?

Breakfast
  • 1/2 to 2/3 cup egg beaters with onions, broccoli, and 2 tbsp parmesan
  • 1 or 2 strips Morningstar Farms bacon
  • 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese or yogurt
  • Fruit

Snack (if I need it)
  • Fruit

Lunch
  • Broccoli and cauliflower sauteed in vegetable broth and garlic
  • Chicken breast
  • Fat free yogurt
  • Fruit

Snack
  • 94% fat free popcorn
  • Fruit

Dinner
  • Curry chicken (made with a sauce from a jar that I can't recall and I'm out of, but it's low fat mild curry and I add a little water to stretch it out; chicken pieces, garbanzos, lots of vegetables)
  • Zatarain's Caribbean Rice with chopped broccoli thrown in
  • Cottage Cheese
  • Green beans w/almonds (Green Giant steam in the bag ones)

1 comment: